Certainly not a diet expert. I've just been trying to eat right, with varying success, for a long time. I have distilled the principles of what that means, to keep it simple.
1. White Powder is bad for you. (cocaine, heroin, white flour, white sugar) It's not really food.
2. Artificial anything (artificial sweetener, artificial flavor, etc.) is not really food.
3. Anything ending in "-0se" or "-ol " (or the many other forms sugar / sugar substitutes come in) is not really food.
4. Pesticides and other agricultural chemicals, hormones, etc. are not really food.
5. If it has a label, the odds are good it's probably not really food either.
As a practical woman in today's world, I can't say I honestly eat that way all the time. I'm learning. I try. Progress, not perfection.
This blog is to share discoveries - and recipes - along the way. I invite you to share your discoveries - and recipes - for and about Real Food.
And every so often, I'll probably go off on a rant about the ubiquitousness of High Fructose Corn Syrup.
- Gypsy Jane