Friday, November 18, 2011

I took my Shelf Reliance food camping...

I just went on a 10-day camping trip. Living History kind of camping. I took a selection of THRIVE foods with me this time.

I made up single serving omelets. Whole Egg powder, FD onions, red and green bell peppers, ham dices. If it was just me eating breakfast, it was add water, wait a minute or so, pop it in the pan and cook like normal. Quick, easy, yummy.

If it was a group eating breakfast, someone cooked a huge skillet of stuff and I didn't have to use my breakfast - and I didn't have to worry about it spoiling.

I contributed veggies to group meals - and everyone liked them.

I had my choice of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or peach slices in my yogurt and my cereal whenever I wanted, even on the 9th day.

This will become standard camping fare for me (and I camp a lot!) because
  • I can have natural, unadulterated food throughout a 10-day event without refrigeration. Saves cooler space, saves ice money.
  • I can have food I'm proud to share, but if it doesn't get eaten it doesn't spoil.
  • I can pack a whopping amount of it without hurting my back - it's light!
Want to know more?
go to

1 comment:

LadyJtalks said...

I'd still like to try some. Time gets away from me for sure. Good deal though, love the idea. So great to see you enjoy getting to do that camping out with friends. You are lucky