Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Camping with The Shakes.

I just got back from a 10-day camping trip. Yes, I had a cooler, and I started out with my usual shake recipe. Later in the week, though, when the fresh food's been eaten up, it gets silly to buy ice. Also, washing dishes at camp is a bit more iffy than doing it at home. So, I present to you now, the Camper's Shake:

Take 1 good quality ziplock sandwich bag containing pre-measured MLO protein powder and oat flour.
Pour in 1 12-oz can V8. (I prefer Spicy Hot, but the regular is good too.)
Zip it up, shake it up - massage the corners gently - open a bit and sip through a straw.
Throw out the remains. No dirty dishes. No refrigeration required.
(assuming you use vitamin tablets instead of liquid vitamins when you go camping.)

Breakfast just doesn't GET any more convenient than that.

No comments: