Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
- Fran Lebowitz
came across my the top of my email this morning. I love it. Here are some more.
“Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much.”
- Michael Pollan
* Food grows and dies. It isn’t created.
* Food rots, wilts, and becomes generally unappetizing, typically rather quickly.
* Food doesn’t need an ingredient label (and probably isn’t in a package either).
* Food doesn’t have celebrity endorsements.
* Food doesn’t make health claims.
from Modern Forager by Scott Kustes
"If it has a label, don't eat it"
- Mark Hyman, MD
If you're going to America, bring your own food.
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.
~Alfred E. Newman
The breakfast slimes, angel food cake, doughnuts and coffee, white bread and gravy cannot build an enduring nation.
~Martin H. Fischer
Sugar is a type of bodily fuel, yes, but your body runs about as well on it as a car would.
As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists.
Chemicals, n: Noxious substances from which modern foods are made.
And from a sticker on my fridge:
SUGAR: THE GATEWAY DRUG