Sunday, July 21, 2019

Raspberries

On my way to West Virginia, I stopped by to visit my friend Cathy.  Early in the morning - a morning which would later include some amazingly successful yard sale shopping and an excellent breakfast accompanied by a bluegrass jam - we went off to a hillside she knew of and picked a mess of fresh wild red raspberries.  Smaller than what you find in the supermarket, their flavor is concentrated into that tiny package and they were wonderful.

I took some with me to Liana's in West Virginia, and made Keto-friendly Almond Flour Raspberry Pancakes.


And almost missed getting a picture for the blog before they were gone.

Here's how:

Mix with fork:

1 C. Almond Flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 large eggs
1/4 C. heavy whipping cream
1/4 C. olive oil
Berries

Preheat griddle, and grease it.  I used butter this time, but it smoked way too much.  I won't do that again indoors.  (I usually do pancakes over an open fire on a hanging griddle, but that's a subject for a different blog.)

I do the pancakes one at a time, using a 1/4 C scoop or a particular spoon I have that holds that amount.  These will get bubbly much like regular pancakes when they are ready to turn.

We also enjoyed some of the berries just simply topped with creme fraiche.


No comments: