Sunday, July 7, 2019

Swiss Chard

I can't believe in all these years I'd never had Swiss Chard until this week.  I intend to make up for lost time.




So this was my very first Swiss Chard, prepared by my friend Liana.  Here's the recipe:

Chop chard
Mince garlic
In a pan with a lid, heat 2 T olive oil, 2 T butter.
Add the garlic, add the chard.
Cover and steam.  Not very long.
Add lemon slices, partway through the steaming.
And Parmesan cheese.

We also added 2 pieces of leftover frittata toward the end, to reheat them.

Later this week we made more Chard, but we'd run out of lemons.  It was still good, but we missed those lemons.



Here's my frittata recipe:

In a pan, heat 2 T. butter (or EVOO or Coconut Oil)
Add 6 eggs, whisked
1 C. leftover meat (we had leftover pork chops this time)
1 C. cheese (this time it was shaved parmesan)

Cover, cook over low heat until you can turn it over.  Turn it over, cook 'til the other side's done too.


You may notice a lack of precise quantities and times in my recipes.  That's because a recipe is just a starting point for kitchen creativity.  This is how I cook.  Do what I can with what I have, where I am.  


No comments: